This is the official 1st blog for the "Name the Classic TV show" Game. I will keep track of daily winners and let you know who won the most days at the end of each month. Ok, here we go...
Here's the deal. I am going to give you 4 lists. Each will contain the plots of 3 different TV shows. These shows could be from any year back to the 1950s until the present shows you watch now. They could have been on any network: ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, HBO, MTV, and any other networks, past or present. They could also be of any genre: comedy, drama, game shows, soaps operas, cartoons, whatever. Your job, is to identify the shows. Along with the plot, I will give you the year it debuted to the public. I will not tell you how long the show lasted or any character or actor/actress names. No other clues will be provided.
The lists will start at "Beginner" and these will be pretty easy to identfy. It will move on to "Intermediate" and these will be a little tougher. Next will be "Professional" and these will be pretty tough. The final list will be "Mind Boggling" and these will be very tough.
When giving me your guesses, please provide the correct number for the plot you are using. Whoever guesses the most correct will be declared the winner for that day. If 2 or more people tie, they will get a 1/2 point each. The cutoff time for guesses will be at 10PM central time every night. I will then give out the answers and let you know who won. I will NOT answer any questions asking me if you got any correct so far. The answers will not be given out until after 10PM. If you think you got any or all correct you will have to wait until then.
OK? OK. Let's Begin...
** Beginner **
1) The continuing misadventures of a neurotic New York stand-up comedian and his equally neurotic New York friends. (1990)
2) Television series about a cadre of attractive lifeguards who patrol a crowded recreational beach. (1989)
3) A UPS delivery man with a pretty wife, a big TV and friends to watch it with. He has a good life until his wife's goofy and annoying father moves in with them. (1998)
** Intermediate **
4) At a greasy-spoon diner in Phoenix, Arizona there is 3 waitresses all with different personalities and a hot-headed cook as their boss. (1976)
5) A single young lawyer looking for love and fullfillment in life. She works for a Boston Law firm with her ex-lover and his wife, a money loving boss and an annoying receptionist. (1997)
6) The misadventures of two women and one man living in one apartment and their neighbors. (1977)
** Professional **
7) A group of students at a historically Black university struggle to make it through college. (1987)
8) Contestants competed to see who had the more comprehensive knowledge of popular songs by trying to be the first to identify pieces of music. (1953)
9) A trucker and his pet monkey travel the highways of America, getting into various adventures and misadventures along the way. (1979)
** Mind Boggling **
10) Cop show about a veteran detective and his sexy younger female partner. (1977)
11) An hour of live variety, in the classic sense of television's Golden Age. (1949)
12) Anthology of war Stories in World War II, emphasizing those in the Navy, Marine Corps and the Coast Guard. (1955)